Graduate Student Tracking System
The Graduate Student Tracking System (GSTS) allows programs to track graduate student progress and view many elements of graduate student activity in one place. GSTS will allow programs to collect, view, and track student records information from the Student Enterprise System (SES), as well as information that students and programs directly input. GSTS will help programs (and students) view information and track progress associated with:
- Advisor and committee
- Plan of study, including coursework planned and completed
- Annual progress, including awards, publications, research progress, meetings attended, teaching, and research goals
- Milestones (TGS and program-specific)
Link to GSTS: gsts.northwestern.edu
- Student access: Active students in The Graduate School can access GSTS with their NetID and NetID Password
- Advisor/committee member access: Faculty who serve as graduate student advisors or committee members can access GSTS to see the students for whom they serve as advisor or committee member once this information is entered in GSTS.
- Program administrator access: Program staff (graduate program assistants; department assistants; financial administrators) and faculty administrators (DGSs; chairs) must request access to GSTS by filling out the Student Records Security Form (selecting “manage GSTS” under Academic Program/Plan), and completing the related trainings.
The Graduate Student Tracking System was developed by the Robert R. McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science in collaboration with Northwestern University Information Technology, Student Enterprise Systems and The Graduate School.
For questions about GSTS, email email@example.com.