To submit a proposal, please include the following:
- Detailed description of the event or activity
- Rationale for how this will build community on or across campus
- A list of the students involved (or the number of students that may ultimately participate)
- A detailed budget
Please note the deadline to submit a new proposal is May 15. Submissions for new community building proposals can be made to Wild Cat Connection here. Download this template when requested for submitting expenses for future events. If approved, we will release funds as early as mid-September. The deadline to submit a new proposal for Graduate Student Associations only is October 15. If approved, we will release funds mid-November. For final and renewing community building proposals, download this template when requested to submit past expenses.
To access funding for your community building activities (i.e., having two signers on the account, as well as an advisor), simply visit the Student Organization Finance Office (SOFO) Policies and Procedures web page for more information.
Your Community Building Grant Proposal liaison and/or your SOFO account adviser are valuable resources that may provide advice and support in the following ways:
- Answer questions and offer updates about the Community Building Proposal process.
- Assist with ideas for marketing and publicity for your project.
- Address problems as they arise.
- Provide support in connecting with other helpful resources.
- Encourage further discussion about enhancing graduate community.
Market your events
Marketing and advertising your events will help ensure attendance and success of programming. Community Building Grant recipients are required to market all events through TGS. Contact Emma Shipley, Communications Representative, for more details and:
- Please use the phrase "TGS Community Building Grant" on all promotional materials.
- Use The Graduate School logo in all advertising and provide a link to the TGS website, if you need an updated version, contact Emma Shipley.
- Market your events on The Graduate School's home page and email Emma Shipley to receive deadline information for the weekly newsletter.
- Work closely with Graduate Leadership Council (GLC) and Graduate Student Association (GSA) to advertise your event on their listservs.