The Graduate School's (TGS) Catalyst Grant provides students, faculty and academic programs with resources to support new programs and events that benefit graduate students.
Students, faculty, and academic programs can apply.
Deadline for Fall 2016 events: Friday, July 8, 2016
Deadline for Winter 2017 events: Friday, September 30, 2016
Deadline for Spring 2017 events: Friday, January 20, 2017
Deadline for Summer 2017 events: Friday, April 14, 2017
The maximum amount of funding available is $3,000 per project/event. Ongoing, long running, or continuous events are not eligible for Catalyst Grant funding. To ensure the most appropriate funding source is being sought, applicants should review eligibility criteria for The Graduate School's other grants including the Professional Development Grant, Mellon Cluster Programming Catalyst Grant, and Community Building Grant.
Review Process and Criteria
Applications are evaluated on the following criteria:
- The number of graduate students who will benefit from the program/event and the extent to which they will be involved.
- How much visibility the program/event will bring to the University, TGS and/or the department.
- Sufficient level of support from other sources (department, school, centers, etc.)
- Will the grant catalyze a new initiative? The goal of the grant is to provide seed funding, rather than to provide ongoing support for established programs/events.
- Will the program bring together students from different disciplines?
The committee will notify applicants approximately four weeks following the deadline. Groups that are awarded funds are expected to supply a chart string into which funds can be transferred. Funds must be administered by the department/program hosting the project/event.
Email Kate Veraldi for more information.