Training Grant Support
Are you a faculty member with an idea for a new training grant? Or, are you thinking about renewing an existing training grant? Do you have questions or issues about which you would like support? The Training Grant Support Office (TGSO) is here to help.
TGSO supports Northwestern University in the preparation of institutional training grant applications—both new applications and renewals—submitted to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Science Foundation (NSF), Department of Education (DoEd) and other funding agencies. TGSO also serves active training grant programs by providing information, answering questions and helping resolve issues.
TGSO provides the following services:
- Support on a variety of training grant proposals including NIH, NSF, DoEd and other types of training grants.
- Data management services and proposal data table production involving institution-wide and TGSO-tracked data.
- Proposal development aids.
- Advice, sharing of best practices, tips and how to avoid traps.
- Coordination of special funding/commitment requests made to The Graduate School in support of the training grant.
- Communications on training grant related matters.
- Information on funding agency and NU policies and procedures.
- Assistance in resolving training grant-related issues.
- Special training grant-related projects.
Faculty considering applying for a new training grant – or submitting a competing renewal application for a training grant – are encouraged to email TGSO right away. We can support you from the very start in creating a successful proposal.